I am married, with two children and have lived in Cheshire for 35 years. As an electronics engineer I have had a varied career: I started with the Ministry of Defence at the Ship Yard in Barrow, before leaving to grow house plants in Peover. In 2009 I was elected to the newly formed Cheshire East Council.
Why do I want to be involved?
Our leisure centres are an incredibly valuable resource which should be protected and nurtured for the community of Cheshire East. I therefore look forward to being involved with their development over the forthcoming years. As a parent, a school governor and a Cheshire East councillor I believe I have the experience, from a resident’s point of view, to develop leisure facilities that the community wants.
At a Glance
- Favourite Sport – Sailing
- Favourite Team – England Cricket
- Desert Island Discs – Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen), All About You (McFly), Thriller (Michael Jackson), Poisoning Pigeons in the Park (Tom Lehrer)
- First Car – Ford Escort (nicknamed Jigsaw, because I was always taking it apart.)
- Favourite TV Programme? – Luther
- First Job – Washing up in a restaurant kitchen
- Favourite Quote – ‘I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by’ Douglas Adams
- Ideal dinner party: Nelson Mandela, John Lennon, Homer Simpson