I live with my husband and two young boys in Holmes Chapel. We’re a pretty sporty family – I enjoy triathlon so you might often see me about running or cycling. My husband also loves running and cycling – but goes much further than me! The boys enjoy gymnastics, swimming, football, rugby… anything really that involves having fun!
Why do I want to be involved?
I strongly believe that sport and recreation is the key to well-being, both physical and mental. I spent a couple of years living in Sydney where sport is much more a part of everyday life and I believe that is partly why those guys are so relaxed and happy. Professionally I have skills in finance and delivery of major construction projects and therefore I wanted to offer some of that experience to the senior management team to enable them to grow and develop the Everybody offer in our local communities. I also spent time when I was younger supporting and coaching younger children and disabled in swimming and in mountain biking, which I really enjoyed and has helped me to understand the huge benefit that such activity can bring to all parts of the community.
At a Glance
- Favourite Sport – Triathlon (to take part in) and I love watching the Olympics and other major sporting events on TV!
- Ideal Holiday Destination – Somewhere that has lovely running / cycling trains alongside the sea. Brittany and Scotland are favourites.
- Last Book Read – Feet in the Clouds, Richard Askwith
- Favourite TV Programme? – The West Wing (I’m a bit out of date with TV!)
- First Job – Chef at Little Chef
- Favourite Quote – “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? – Chrissie Wellington
- Ideal dinner party: Tim Peake, The Brownlee brothers, Chris Martin, Elon Musk, Michelle Obama, Brian Cox… and my family!