Athlete Profiles – Cricket
Talented Athletes who are excelling in Cricket are training or competing at regional level or above (Regional standard of training or competing is defined by sport specific National Governing Body ( NGB ) i.e. this may be North West or North. Individuals will have to produce formal confirmation from sporting NGB.
Find out more about how they got involved in the sport, and what it takes to become a top Cricket player. Cricket ECB Get Involved
Club: Nantwich Cricket Club
Alastair’s Questions and Answers
Q: Who introduced you to your Sport?
A: I started to play cricket, as I found that when my dad watched it on the TV, I really enjoyed watching the game and I then decided to play Cricket.
Q: What does London 2012 mean to you?
A: London 2012 means having the chance to see some of the best athletes in the world on your doorstep providing inspiration.
Q: What are your sporting aspirations for the future?
A: In the future, I look like to play senior first class cricket and possibly represent England.
Alastair’s Recent Achievements
- I took 4-16 in my first county game ever against Worcestershire.
- I took 3-27 against Durham in 2010.
- For Nantwich under 15s I took 4-4 against Congleton, I also took 4-5 against Bunbury.
- With the bat I scored 61, my first fifty, which was against Bramhall in 2010.
- In 2011 I surpassed this with an 81 against Grappenhall, the following week I beat this with an 82 against Tattenhall, which is my best score to date, in the same season I also scored 4 fifty’s.