THERE ARE LOTS OF WAYS WE CAN WORK TOGETHER
Everybody Sport & Recreation is committed to ensuring children, young people and students lead a healthy and active lifestyle. We deliver a wide range of support services to education institutes to enable them to provide the young people of Cheshire East and beyond with the best PE and school sport experiences to ensure they are physically active throughout their lives.
- School Swimming Packages including PE/Sport sessions to run alongside swim lessons.
- Sports & health equipment hire– we have smoothie bikes, bubble bikes, Earth Balls and much more to provide a fun way of delivering sport/health lessons or events!
- Extra curricular clubs– provision of qualified coaches/instructors to deliver breakfast/lunch/after school clubs.
- Bespoke delivery of events/sessions– we can support your Level 1/2 School Games by delivering festivals and events, specific to your needs. We deliver inclusive festivals designed for children & young people with SEN.
- Behaviour/Attendance targeted delivery programmes – through our School Street Sports programme designed to engage young people during lunchtimes in positive activities.
- Bikeability Programme– available for primary and secondary schools/academies.
- Support for gifted and talented children/young people– we have the Athlete Performance Academy that supports anyone of any age. that competes in sport at regional, national and international level.
- School Club Link support – a list of Clubmark clubs in Cheshire East.
- Discounted memberships for children & young people.
- Annual Sports Awards to recognise the amazing work you do for your pupils/students and the wider community.
- Volunteering and leadership programme.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @EBLEISURE
- Access to support services like marketing (hire of smoothie and bubble bikes for events).
- Everybody Academy– high quality, up-to-date and value for money learning & development opportunities, e.g. Swim teaching training. Any courses not currently offered by the Academy may be available through MMU Sport Coach Education or Active Cheshire. Courses include UKCC coaching qualifications, National Governing Body awards and sportscoachUK workshops.
- Work Experience/Work placements– we offer a variety of opportunities across our company that young people aged 14+ can experience. Please get in touch with us at least 4 weeks in advance of placement start date.
- CPD for primary teaching staff in curriculum PE– we work in partnership with Create Development to deliver ‘Real PE’ which provides fun and simple to follow Schemes of Work and support for Early Years Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 practitioners to deliver outstanding PE. It is fully aligned to the National Curriculum and Ofsted requirements.
Feedback from our CPD course ran with local primary school teachers in partnership with Create Development in May 2016.
“I liked seeing two lessons and teaching it.The final piece of the jigsaw, I now feel much more confident to teach Real PE. Thank you!” Hannah Johnson (St Mary’s Primary School)
“I liked going through whole lessons – looking at assessment and how to record progress. I learnt how to use the ‘recording progress’ grid and how to include the AFL in lessons. Super! Able to move my understanding on even further. Great fun, enjoyable and relevant.” Nicola Messenger (St Mary’s Primary School)
“I liked running through two complete lessons, being able to have a go at delivering lessons from the plans that hadn’t been shown yet. I learnt how to use and interpret lesson plans and to have the confidence to use my own ideas using the Real PE philosophy. Fun, thorough and inspirational.” Rosie Isaac (Offley Primary School)
“I liked the personal review, walking through lessons for both key stages. I learnt more about everything. I feel confident enough to deliver properly.” Jake Earlam (Offley Primary School)
FOR MORE INFORMATION;
To chat about any of these opportunities or to discuss bespoke ideas/projects/programmes please get in touch with our Education & partnerships Lead.
USEFUL EDUCATION WEBSITES & CONTACTS
School Games Organisers in Cheshire East
Niall McGregor – Crewe & Nantwich School Sport Partnership
Rosie Harris – Macclesfield School Sport Partnership
Rachel Banister – Sandbach School Sport Partnership
Active Cheshire (County Sports Partnership for Cheshire & Warrington)
Cheshire East Council (Child Protection)
Department for Education (PE and sport premium for primary schools)
Department for Education (National Curriculum in England: PE programmes of study)
Sport England (children and young people information including School Games, primary school sport, further education, higher education and more)
Sports coach UK (Coaching in Schools Portal)
For more information;
To chat about any of these opportunities or to discuss bespoke ideas/projects/programmes please get in touch with our Education & Partnerships Lead.
Telephone: 01270 685782