DO YOU HAVE KNEE OR HIP PAIN?
If yes, join our new programme, ESCAPE-Pain to help you to manage your joint pain.
What is ESCAPE-Pain?
ESCAPE-Pain is a funded, 6 week, evidenced based rehabilitation programme, sometimes called the ‘knee or hip class’, designed to reduce pain and disability for people with chronic joint pain or Osteoarthritis.
The 6 week programme includes:
- Receiving information, advice and support from our qualified ESCAPE-Pain Instructor’s to help better manage your chronic joint pain and lead a more active life.
- Take part in a group exercise programme, twice a week over 6 weeks, tailored to your individual needs.
- A chance to socialise with and learn from other people living with Osteoarthritis.
- Will result in you being able to carry out normal activities, manage symptoms and be more active.
The Benefits of ESCAPE-Pain:
- Reduces pain
- Improves physical function
- Improves mental wellbeing, self-confidence and self-esteem
Are you eligible to join ESCAPE-Pain?
- Resident aged over 55 years
- Have knee and/or hip pain for at least 6 months
- Inactive doing less than 30 minutes of moderate intensity exercise weekly
- Independently mobile and able to carry out regular exercise
- Committed to taking part in 2 classes per week over 6 weeks and returning for a final session on week 12.
What Patients Tell Us?
- 90% of patients surveyed were satisfied with the service and patients were more optimistic following the programme.
- I have benefited 100% from the class. My right knee is much improved and I have a training programme to help me with the rest of my life.
- I know my knees are stronger because I work on my muscles and I intend to carry on with the exercises and gym work.
Starting May 2018:
- Crewe Lifestyle Centre: Tuesdays & Fridays 1.30-2.30pm
- Holmes Chapel Community Centre: Mondays & Wednesdays 1.30-2.30pm
- Macclesfield Leisure Centre: Mondays & Fridays 2.30-3.30pm
How do I sign up or find out more information?
Spaces are limited so please contact Everybody Healthy to secure your place on, 01270 685589 or email: EBHealthy@everybody.org.uk
On joining the programme you will be asked to attend a pre-introduction session to:
- Meet your ESCAPE-Pain Instructor
- Familiarise yourself with the facility
- Learn about the programme and what you will experience during the 6 week course.
- Complete a questionnaire regarding your condition.
Want to find out more information about the ESCAPE-Pain programme? Check out their video below: