Gym Instructor Courses
Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Gym Based Exercise Level 2
For more information please see Certificate-in-Fitness-Instructing-gym-based-exercise-level-2 or contact email@example.com
This 5-day course is aimed at the learner who wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a gym-based fitness instructor. The course consists of home study, a 4 day practical and theory course followed by a 1 day practical and theory assessment.
2018 Course Dates coming soon!
Certificate in Personal Training Level 3
This nationally recognised course takes place on 5th, 6th, 12th, 13th, 26th and 27th June 2018. Candidates must attend all dates.
This Level 3 Personal Trainer Course is aimed at the qualified gym instructor who is looking to progress their career as a personal trainer or as a route to exercise specialist courses.
Candidates must hold a suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary. An element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and application of numbers is involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication and application of numbers at levels 3 and 2 respectively
Candidates will cover:
- knowledge of anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness
- knowledge and skills to successfully gather and analyse client information using the most accepted techniques
- knowledge and skills to assess a client’s current health and fitness status
- knowledge and skills to be able to plan and conduct a physical activity session, within a variety of environments using multiple resources
- knowledge and skills to perform a client consultation using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change
- knowledge and skills to be able to communicate effectively to build successful relationships with their clients and other health care professionals
- knowledge to be able to prepare for employment or to set up in business on a self-employed basis
- knowledge and skills to be able to manage, evaluate and improve own performance
- knowledge to be able to offer nutritional advice for physical activity based on clients’ needs
Format: Candidates must attend all sessions and be prepared to undertake supporting home study
2018 Course Dates
5th, 6th, 12th, 13th, 26th and 27th June 2018
LEVEL 2 Award IN ADAPTING FITNESS INSTRUCTION FOR ADOLESCENTS
This qualification is designed to provide the learner with the knowledge and skills required to be able to adapt fitness/group fitness instruction to accommodate adolescents providing an understanding of the physiological and psychological issues they face and how they affect their ability to exercise.
This course includes additional practical delivery specific for adolescent needs.
Specialist Fitness Instructor Courses
Diploma in Exercise Referral Level 3
Applied Nutrition Methods Level 3
Certificate in Group Indoor Cycling Level 2
Certificate in Suspension Training Level 2
Certificate in Kettlebell Training Level 2
Certificate in Energize (HIIT) Level 2
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details