Everybody Sport & Recreation ‘Learn to Swim’ Membership Terms and Conditions
Please read the following points carefully as they refer to your ‘Learn to swim’ scheme (LTSS) membership. As a member you agree to comply with and adhere to the following terms and conditions. Please sign below to confirm that you have read, understand and agree to the following:
- The term ‘Initial Term’ means a full 2 monthly payment from the date of joining the Everybody Sport & Recreation ‘Learn to Swim’ Scheme.
- The term ‘Swimmer(s)’ refers to the person enrolled on the Everybody Sport & Recreation ‘Learn to Swim’ Scheme.
- The term ‘You’ and ‘your’ refers to the payer of the swimmer lesson fees.
- The term ‘Membership’ refers to an Everybody Sport & Recreation Learn to Swim Scheme membership.
Starting the membership
- All fees due must be paid in advance of any swimmer commencing the Everybody Sport & Recreation ‘Learn to Swim’ scheme.
- Direct Debit payments will cover the period from when the payment day is due, to the day preceding your due collection day the following month. Your Direct Debit is a rolling payment and has no ‘END’ date.
- Direct Debit payments are taken on the nearest working day to the 1st or 15th of each month. A pro-rata fee may be payable when you first join to allow sufficient time to set up your first Direct Debit with the bank.
- Any parent/guardian entitled to Category D and E on the Everybody Options scheme may apply for a 30% discount on the child’s lesson. The Everybody Options must be live before enrolling the child on to the LTSS and a valid Everybody Options membership maintained throughout. This discount is not applicable to premium and 1-2-1 lessons.
- Options Category A may claim a discount of 30% against their own group lessons where available.
Ending the membership
- When paying by Direct Debit, you have the right to end the membership within 14 days from the sign-up date. If you end the membership
- within this period, you will be refunded any pro-rata payments, less any fees for attended lessons. After 14 days you can end the membership following the Initial Term by providing 30 days’ notice.
- Ending the membership during the Initial Term will require the payment of any and all fees due under the membership agreement.
- If you wish to end the membership, please submit your notice in writing to your Leisure Centre addressed to ‘Area Aquatic Lead’ or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Verbal notice cannot be accepted under any circumstances. Everybody Sport & Recreation will confirm receipt of such requests by email, outlining the relevant leaving dates etc.
- There is a minimum period of 30 days notice to be provided upon request to cancel any DD agreement/memberships. However, 1-2-1 lessons require a 7 days’ notice cancellation period.
- There is no option to freeze this membership and this membership is non-transferable.
- Any personal information you provide will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and used for processing your membership of the ‘Learn to Swim’ scheme. If you wish to receive further information with regards to promotions, member offers and events you should make this known when joining the scheme by identifying your preferred method of contact. We will not pass your details on to any other organisations without your permission.
- Once payment has been made for swimming lessons, no refunds or reimbursements will be available unless the absence is confirmed by signed doctor’s note or medical exemption certificate in case of illness; in such cases, a credit will be granted for use with future swimming lesson payments.
- Everybody Sport & Recreation LTSS operates a continuous programme running through 50 weeks of the year. DD Memberships will receive 2 free weeks per annum which will cater for any planned holidays etc. Direct Debit fees are calculated by the number of swimming lessons over a 12 month period; therefore this consists of 48 (chargeable) weeks/lessons, divided by 12.
- Learn to Swim Scheme members, paying via direct debit, will receive access to general public swimming sessions as part of their membership.
- Direct Debit payments will be amended to cover any relevant bank holidays as and when necessary.
- Repeated non-payment of your Direct Debit will result in this service being removed and not reinstated until all monies repaid.
- Everybody Sport & Recreation will allocate each member with a membership card. This membership card will remain the property of Everybody Sport & Recreation. Any swimmer, who mislays, loses or damages this membership card will be required to purchase a new card upon their next visit.
- If during your membership period the swimmer’s contact details change, you must inform the Everybody Sport & Recreation by emailing email@example.com immediately.
- We may alter facility opening times, or temporarily withdraw provisions due to repairs, alterations or maintenance work, or for any other reasonable reason. In such cases, credits will be awarded for cancelled sessions and will be deducted from your future swimming lesson payments.
- All swimmers are bound by the Everybody Sport & Recreation facility terms and conditions.
- All swimmers, parents and guardians must adhere to the Learn to Swim Scheme Code of Conduct.
- If any changes are made to these Terms & Conditions, Everybody Sport & Recreation will provide you with a minimum of 10 days’ notice.
- You assume all risks and responsibility for any harm, loss, damage, property damage, personal injury, to you or others resulting from, arising out of, or any way in relation to the swimmer’s use of or presence in Everybody Sport & Recreation facilities.
- Everybody Sport & Recreation may cancel the membership in the following circumstances:
a) If you/ the swimmer break this agreement or any facility rules repeatedly.
b) If the swimmer’s membership card is used by any other person than you to gain access to the facility.
c) We will not tolerate our staff or other members of the lesson being verbally or physically abused or intimidated. If this is the case, we will immediately ban you/the swimmer from the scheme. If Everybody Sport & Recreation terminate the membership, you can appeal in writing by contacting the
Everybody Sport & Recreation Aquatics Manager. Appeals must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.