This week at our Taste for Life cafes try this delicious and healthy
tomato basil chicken pasta
So quick to make! Use wholewheat pasta to keep you fuller for longer.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- ½ tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (chopped)
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 210g whole wheat pasta
- fresh basil to garnish (optional)
1. Gently fry the onions in a little olive oil for about five minutes in a large saucepan.
2. Then put the mushrooms and all other ingredients (apart from the pasta) into the pan, mix thoroughly and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
4. Serve the chicken with the pasta and garnish with fresh basil.