Let’s get cooking Cheshire East! With everything that’s going on, let’s not forget to keep looking after ourselves, staying healthy and keeping as active as we can! Our health team will be sharing regular healthy recipes for you to make and enjoy, all as we ask is you don’t forget to share your food pics with us on social media Twitter and Instagram: @EBLeisure and Facebook: @EverybodySportRecreation.
Creamy Herb Pasta With Vegetables
A tasty way to eat more vegetables!
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOKING TIME: 15 mins
SERVES: 2 portions
• 125g dried pasta shapes
• 2.5 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
• 50g sugar snap peas or green beans sliced
• 100g broccoli broken into small florets
• 1⁄2 pepper, any colour, chopped
• 40g frozen peas
• 1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
• 100g low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
• 1⁄2 lemon zest, finely grated
• 50ml semi-skimmed milk
• 1 tsp vegetable oil
1. Cook the pasta in lightly boiling water for 10-12 minutes (or according to the instructions on the packet) until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan. Add the spring onions, sugar snap peas or green beans, broccoli and pepper and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Stir in the peas and tomatoes, and then turn off the heat.
3. Drain the cooked pasta, reserving 1 tablespoon of the cooking water. Return this cooking liquid to the saucepan and add the soft cheese, milk and lemon zest. Heat, stirring with a whisk, until the sauce is hot and smooth. If the sauce is too thick add some more boiling water.
4. Tip the pasta and cooked vegetables into the sauce and stir gently for 1-2 minutes to heat through. You could add finely grated low fat cheese if you
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER PORTION*
*All nutritional information is approximate