Let’s get cooking Cheshire East! With everything that’s going on, let’s not forget to keep looking after ourselves, staying healthy and keeping as active as we can! Our health team will be sharing regular healthy recipes for you to make and enjoy, all as we ask is you don’t forget to share your food pics with us on social media Twitter and Instagram: @EBLeisure and Facebook: @EverybodySportRecreation.
Turkey Stir Fry
Quick, colourful and super healthy!
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOKING TIME: 10 mins
SERVES: 4 portions
• 125g dried egg noodles, medium or fine
• 1 small orange, juiced
• 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
• 1 tbsp cornflour
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 350g skinless turkey breast, cut into strips
• 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 1 pepper, any colour, deseeded and thinly sliced
• 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
• 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
• 1 handful mushroom (cup or button), sliced
• 1 pinch ground black pepper
1. Put the noodles into a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 6 minutes (or follow the instructions on the packet).
2. Mix together the orange juice, soy sauce and cornflour until smooth. Set to one side.
3. Heat the oil in very large frying pan and add the turkey and stir-fry briskly for 3-4 minutes. Then add the spring onions, pepper, carrot, celery and mushrooms. Stir-fry over a high heat for another 3-4 minutes, until the turkey is cooked. The vegetables should remain crunchy.
4. Give the orange juice mixture a good stir, then add it to the stir-fry and cook for a few moments until thickened. Drain the noodles well, and then add them to the turkey mixture. Serve at once.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER PORTION*
*All nutritional information is approximate