Everybody Awards Shortlist Announcement 2018
The shortlist for the 2018 Everybody Awards has now been announced. This year Everybody Leisure received over 160 nominations, showing a huge commitment to health, sport and physical activity here in Cheshire East.
The awards evening will take place on Friday 26th October at Wrenbury Hall in Nantwich and have been supported by a range of businesses, including Nantwich-based headline sponsor Applewood Independent.
The awards will be presented by former Olympic Silver and double Commonwealth Gold medal competitive swimmer Sharron Davies MBE and British Triathlete and four time World Ironman Champion Chrissie Wellington OBE as keynote speaker.
“What a year it has been for our heroes in Cheshire East, I had the privilege of seeing some of the nominations this year and what a tough job the judges must have had selecting the winners. The talent and dedication we have here in Cheshire East is just incredible and we cannot wait to hear their amazing stories on the night.” Shares Peter Hartwell, Chief Executive at Everybody Sport and Recreation.
Sports Personality of the Year – Sponsored by Applewood Independent
- Polly Holden- British Summer Nationals Gold Medallist Freestyle Swimmer- Nantwich.
- Tom and Ben Curry- Professional rugby player and international rugby player for Sale Sharks- Crewe and Nantwich.
- Nicola Bruce- Ultra Marathon long distance runner- Shavington.
Young Sports Achiever of the Year– Sponsored by Brakes
- Eleanor Heeps- Goalkeeper- Sandbach.
- Alana Gauntlett- Crewe and Nantwich Rugby club.
- Abby Warren- Crewe Rifle and Pistol club.
- Sian Heslop- Athlete at Macclesfield Harriers.
- Thomas Owen Brindley- Youth Laser Radial Sailor from Redesmere Sailing Club in Macclesfield.
Disabled Sports Achiever of the Year – Sponsored by SpeedFlex
- Jack Wimpenny- Nantwich Lifesaving Club.
- Sean Savage- Seahorse Swimming Club- Crewe.
- Nathan Greenford- Alpha Swimming- Crewe.
Coach of the Year – Sponsored by Cornerstone
- Maddie Ascroft- Crewe and Nantwich Gymnastics Club.
- Peter Brady- Kenzoku Martial Arts- Congleton.
- Grace Dodd- Cheshire Blades – Nantwich.
- Hugh Dokter- Dane Valley Amateur Swimming Club- Congleton.
- Russ Crawford- Nantwich Seals Swimming Club- Nantwich.
Health & Wellbeing – Sponsored by FLM Training
- Andrea O’ Neill- Millfields Primary School- Nantwich.
- One to one Midwives- Crewe.
- Kate Blakemore- Motherwell Cheshire- Crewe.
- Action on Cancer- Crewe and Nantwich.
Club of the Year – Sponsored by Techno Gym
- Kenzoku Martial Arts- Congleton.
- South Cheshire Amateur Boxing Club- Crewe.
- Cheshire Stars Netball Club- Middlewich.
- Cheshire Blades Football Club- Nantwich.
- Dane Valley Swimming Club- Congleton.
Volunteer of the Year – Sponsored by BWB
- Kath and Mike Povall- Health Walks- Nantwich.
- Grace Dodd- Cheshire Blades Football- Nantwich.
- Hayley & Adrian Glover- Crewe Flyers Swimming Club.
Young Volunteer of the Year – Sponsored by Crewe Town Council
- Fran Townsend- Alsager Netball Club and Alsager Bridgestone Swimming Club.
- Alex Peake- Youngest Coach at Crewe FC
- Ebony Wood- Ladyhawks Netball Club- Nantwich.
- Helen Robertson- Nantwich Lifesaving Club.
Everybody Customer Hero – Sponsored by SAS Daniels
- Stephen Pennell- Crewe Lifestyle Centre.
- Hannah Guthrie- Holmes Chapel Community Centre.
- Paul Wilshaw- Alsager Leisure Centre.
- Mark Rimmer- Sandbach Leisure Centre.
- Arthur Crago- Congleton Leisure Centre.
The evening will recognise a range of inspirational stories from individuals who have demonstrated amazing personal achievements in sport or health as well as announcing this year’s annual Lifetime Achievement award (sponsored by XN Leisure) and a new award category added to this years Everybody Awards, the Chairman’s award.
For more information on the Everybody Awards, including ticket sales, visit www.everybodyawards.org.uk.
Notes to Editor
Everybody Sport & Recreation – Everybody Sport and Recreation is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee. As a Health and Wellbeing Charity, Everybody Sport and Recreation aims to provide ‘leisure for life’ by changing lives through healthy recreation. The charity operates 15 leisure facilities across the Cheshire East region as well as a range of Health, Leisure Development and Outreach programmes and the new Everybody Academy, providing local training and career opportunities. For more information please visit: www.everybody.org.uk or follow on Twitter @ebleisure.
Name: Lucy Bourne
Telephone: 01270 686876