Healthy Thai Chicken Curry Recipe
This delicious, healthy, Asian dish is packed with vitamins and is high in protein and low in carbohydrates. Perfect for a Friday Night Fakeaway.
Prep Time:15 mins
Cooking Time:25 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion or 3-4 shallots sliced
- 500g chicken breasts or chicken thighs diced.
- 1 Thai curry paste (see recipe)
- 400g tin of reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 reduced salt chicken stock cube
- 3- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 200g mange tout or thinly sliced broccoli
- 1 tsp brown sugar optional
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 green chili thinly sliced
- ½ bunch fresh Thai basil or sweet basil
- 1 lime to garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and lightly fry the onion.
- Add Thai paste and cook for 1-2 mins to release flavours.
- Add the chicken and cook until sealed.
- Add the coconut milk, 350ml hot water, chicken stock cube and lime leaves.
- Simmer for 10-15 mins until sauce is reduced.
- Add lime juice and brown sugar to taste.
- Add the mange tout or broccoli and continue to cook for 3 to 4 mins.
- When your curry is done, always perform a taste-test for salt and spice. Add more fish or soy sauce if not salty enough, or some fresh cut chilies if not spicy enough (OR add some dried crushed chili). If too spicy, add more coconut milk. If too salty or sweet, add a squeeze of lime juice. If too sour for your taste, add a touch more sugar. Finish your curry by sprinkling over generous amounts of fresh basil.
- Serve with lime wedges and boiled rice.
Nutritional information Per Person
|Per serving||% of GDA for women||% GDA Men|
To get more Healthy, Fakeaway recipes like our Thai Chicken Curry, why not come and join us on our Taste for Life Fakeaway Cookery Courses. Thank you to one of our Re-Shape members, for sharing the image in our blog of this yummy meal, we are glad you enjoyed it! Don’t forget to share your food pictures with us on our social media channels:
Instagram and Twitter tag: @EBLeisure or Facebook: @EverybodySportRecreation