It’s National Curry Week
Who’s having a curry this weekend? With it being national curry week, we thought we would share one of our favourite curry recipes with you to make at home, its quick, easy to make and healthy. Enjoy!
A very simple dish to make – just the thing to warm you up on a cold evening!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium chilli, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 chicken breast, chopped
- 1 tbsp low fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp water
- Pepper to taste
- 130g rice (basmati or brown)
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions until soft. Add garlic, tomato, tomato purée, chopped chilli and spices. Cook for a few minutes and then add two tablespoons of water. Allow to reduce.
2. Add the chicken and pepper then cook for 10 to 15 minutes on a medium heat, then add the yoghurt, stirring slowly. Season with black pepper and simmer for a further five to ten minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the rice following the packet instructions and boil.
Approximate nutritional analysis, per serving
Why not come and join us on our next Fakeaway themed cookery course?
Fancy a curry you can make on a weekend that you don’t have to order, you won’t wait an hour for, and is only 220 calories? Then come and try our taster cookery session where you will learn to cook a tasty curry from scratch, using fresh ingredients, whilst learning some basic cooking skills and learning about a healthy diet!
When: Wednesday 25th October
Where: Crewe Lifestyle Centre
Courses are available to anyone who is:
- A Cheshire East resident
- Aged 18 years and over
- Motivated and wanting learn to cook from scratch and improve cookery skills and eating habits
If you want to learn to cook, quick, easy, healthy meals at home, from scratch, using basic ingredients as well as learning about the benefits of healthy eating at low cost then why not join one of our Taste for Life Cookery Courses across Cheshire East. To find out more please visit our website or contact Everybody Healthy on 01625 383943 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch our cookery course in action: