Everybody Leisure Launches Everybody Challenge to get people in Cheshire East leading more healthy and active lives!
The Everybody Sport and Recreation Trust was formed in May 2014 with the aim to help people change their lives through healthy recreation. With over 9,000 people in Cheshire East already signed up as Everybody members with access to 15 leisure centres and 9 swimming pools, approximately 17,000 people in Cheshire East taking part in group fitness classes, over 900 volunteers getting the community active, and 333 new lifeguards and swimming teachers trained to help you access swimming pools in the borough the trusts aims are already in full swing.
With that in mind Everybody Leisure is now encouraging that 45.8% of people in Cheshire East to take on the #EverybodyChallenge just like these very inspiring people: Watch Success Stories and be in with a chance of winning a lifetime gym membership!
So why have 56.4% of Cheshire East adults (16+) decided to take part in 150 minutes of physical activity per week?
The Everybody Challenge success stories include men and women who have suffered heart attacks and lost their jobs due to ill health, those who have been in unfortunate accidents and lost the use of their legs and also those who simply want to lose weight so they can play with their grandchildren or feel more confident when on holiday or out with friends. They have all taken on the Everybody Challenge, returned to work, began walking again, swam for miles and even climbed 3000ft!
The Health Benefits and Facts
- For every 500 kcal of extra energy spent per week your likelihood of type 2 diabetes is 6% less (source: sportandrecreation.org.uk)
- Rates of obesity are estimated to rise, by 2035, to 47% and 36% for adult men and women respectively. By 2050, 60% males and 50% females could be obese (source: Government Office for Science)
- Regular physical activity reduces the risk of depression and has positive benefits for mental health including reduced anxiety, and enhanced mood and self-esteem (source: Department of Health)
- Physical inactivity is one of the leading causes of death in developed countries, responsible for an estimated 22-23% of CHD, 16-17% of colon cancer, 15% of diabetes, 12-13% of strokes and 11% of breast cancer(source: World Health Organisation)
Anyone can take on the Everybody Challenge from those athletes, volunteers and sports clubs who recently entered the Everbody Awards, to children, teenagers, parents and grandparents just wanting to live longer and lead a more active life.
It only takes 30 minutes of exercise five times per week to change your life…so why not take on the Everybody Challenge just like some of our customers and sporting stars in Cheshire East?
All you need to do is swap the time you spend watching TV, using the computer or playing video games to join us and accept the Everybody Challenge and you could be making a real difference to your everyday life.
By accepting the Everybody Challenge you are pledging to take part in 30 minutes of exercise approximately five times per week which will start you on your journey to leading a healthier and more active life.
What do you get for taking on the Everybody Challenge?
In return you will not only be leading a more active and healthy life but will receive:
- Monthly motivational newsletters with the latest fitness and health tips to reach your goals, recipes, competitions and more!
- A free Everybody water bottle
- A free 7 day guest pass to use at one of our 15 leisure centres
- You will also be entered into a prize draw for the chance to:
WIN A LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP* with Everybody Sport & Recreation!(*Terms & conditions apply)
Prize includes access to 15 of our leisure facilities including:
- Fitness Suites
- Swimming Pools
- Nantwich Outdoor Brine Pool (from May 2015)
- A wide range of group fitness classes
- Guidance and advice from qualified and friendly instructors to set you on your personalised pathway to fitness.
Promote the challenge to your colleagues, peers, family and friends
As part of the #EverybodyChallenge initiative, representatives from Everybody Leisure are visiting schools, colleges, businesses, clubs and community centres to provide motivational talks, health and fitness advice, fitness tests and recipes to get our community active and taking on the Everybody Challenge daily.
If you would like Everybody Leisure to visit you please email: [email protected]
Find out all about the Everybody Challenge and make your pledge today here: everybody.org.uk/everybodychallenge/
Follow us on Twitter
@EBleisure and use #EverybodyChallenge to share your daily 30 minute workouts and Everybody Challenge stories with us!
[shareaholic app=”share_buttons” id=”14334366″]
[shareaholic app=”recommendations” id=”14334046″]