Learning at Work Week – Drop-in Sessions with the Everybody Academy
Learning at Work Week is 16th to 22nd May and is an annual awareness campaign organised by the Campaign for Learning since 1999. It aims to put the spotlight on the importance and benefits of learning and development.
During the week Everybody Academy will be holding drop in sessions for all Everybody employees, customers, businesses and the general public to get advise on courses and training available. The sessions are as follows:
- 16th May – Congleton Leisure Centre (reception) – 10.00am to 12.00pm
- 17th May – Nantwich Pool (seating area) – 12.00pm to 2.00pm
- 17th May – Crewe Lifestyle Centre (Café area) – 3.00pm to 5.00pm
- 18th May – Macclesfield Leisure Centre (reception) – 4.00pm – 6.00pm
- 19th May – Wilmslow Leisure Centre (reception) – 3.30pm – 5.30pm
- 20th May – Holmes Chapel Community Centre (reception) – 3.30pm – 5.30pm
- 21st May – Macclesfield Leisure Centre (sports hall) – 9.30am – 3.00pm
- 22nd May – Barony Park – 8.00am – 12.00pm
During the drop in sessions you will be able to get information about a number of courses and the best routes to study including:
- APPRENTICESHIPS – opportunities available throughout Cheshire East in Business Support, Hospitality & Catering and Leisure
- AQUATICS– From entry level courses such as the RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification through to teaching swimming and water fitness.
- FIRST AID – Industry recognised first aid and defibrillator training suitable for you and your workplace.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY– A range of key health and safety training courses suitable for you and the workplace.
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY– We have a number of industry recognised Fitness & Physical Activity Courses for individuals and organisations
- MARKETING – We’re currently assembling a range of short marketing courses on key topics such as social media.
- BESPOKE TRAINING SOLUTIONS – If you have a number of people requiring a course we can tailor a number of our courses to your own requirements, whether that be venue, days, times etc. Some courses can also be combined for added cost benefits.
The Everybody Academy
The Everybody Academy provides a wide range of leisure and related training opportunities offering entry-level qualifications into the leisure industry as well as ongoing training allowing our own workforce and external candidates to maintain their skills and knowledge throughout the year.
Many of our training courses can be offered in the workplace as well at our own venues throughout the Cheshire East area.
We believe in developing our people to be the best. We will give everyone the opportunity to train and enhance their skills by encouraging people to develop themselves and others. We also help individuals and external businesses to access highly skilled and qualified trainers, delivering nationally recognised and bespoke tailor-made courses to make you fit for the future.
We’ve worked with a wide range of key clients in the area including:
- Cheshire East Council
- Tatton Park
- The Cheshire County Sports Club
From May 2015 to March 2016 Everybody Academy facilitated over 2,100 training interactions with staff with more than 250 staff receiving some sort of formal training (not including lifeguard ongoing training).
In the same period more than 350 members of the public received training in around 20 different training and courses. Available courses include swimming teachers, lifeguard, health & safety, first aid etc.
99% of attendees said they would recommend a Everybody Academy course to a colleague and most importantly 84% of people reported a siginificant or major improvement in their competence at work!
Please contact us on: [email protected] for more details on courses available for you or come and visit us during Learning at Work Week at a location near you!
Watch the video clip below
to find out more about the Academy from Richard Roeton, Learning and Development Manager.