Tomorrow is….Pancake Day! I know what you are all thinking, ‘but how can I indulge in a big stack of pancakes and not feel guilty for it?’ If you are like us and have survived the January resolutions and are in full swing with your fitness and healthy eating programmes, the last thing you need is the distraction of pancake day. Fear not, we have searched high and low for some of the tastiest pancake recipes that are also sin and guilt free!
As we get more and more health conscious we have even selected some recipes that are gluten free, carb free and full of protein!
Try these protein rich, healthy pancake recipes for either breakfast, lunch or dinner giving you the motivation you need to complete your workout whilst tasting delicious.
1. Orange and Vanilla Protein Pancakes (Gluten Free) – by Protein Pow
1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder (Protein Pow recommend you choose your protein powder wisely by choosing one that’s extra tasty and full of vanilla flavour as it will make a huge difference!)
2 whole eggs
1 egg white
1/4 cup almond milk (or coconut milk)
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup buckwheat flakes (or oats)
1 tbsp orange zest
1. Whisk everything together.
2. Fry up on a nonstick pan further nonsticked with some coconut oil or low-calorie cooking spray.
3. Top with syrup, fruit, nut butter and/or bacon
Per 1/2 batch: 299kcals, 25g protein, 11g carbs and 17g fat.
2. Coconut Protein Pancakes – by CarrotsNCake
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup liquid egg whites (or 2 egg whites)
1 tsp coconut extract
1 tsp baking powder
- In a bowl, mix together ingredients until blended well.
- Preheat a skillet (medium-low heat), spray with non-stick spray, and pour in half of the batter while shaping it into a pancake with a spoon.
- Heat until partially cooked and flip pancake.
- Once cooked through, top with shredded coconut, syrup, nut butter, fresh fruit, etc.
Makes 2 large pancakes
3. Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes – by DashingDish
1 scoop protein powder
1/2 cup Pumpkin
1/2 tsp Cinnamon (or 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice + 1/4 tsp cinnamon)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2 Egg Whites
1/2 cup Oats
1/2 cup + 2 tps water
1/2-1tsp sweetener of choice
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth!
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle (or large nonstick skillet) coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle.
- Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Serve warm!
Nutritional information: 108 calories per serving (4 pancakes per serving), 1g fat, 20g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 1 g sugar, 14g protein
[shareaholic app=”share_buttons” id=”14334366]