Step 4 Government Roadmap – What this means for Everybody Leisure Centres
We are pleased to confirm what the confirmation on the move to step 4 of the Government roadmap on Monday 19th July will mean for Everybody customers from next week.
Working in line with Government advice whilst adopting the industry best practice to continue to ensure the safety and comfort of all users, we’re looking forward to enabling more activities and a more normal leisure experience to resume.
The main changes to activities and bookings to be effective from Monday 19th July are:
- No requirement to pre-book slots for gym workouts or swimming sessions (exc Nantwich Outdoor Pool).
- All gym equipment will be back in full use.
- Group fitness classes will continue (like pre-covid) to be booked online – and all future bookings are now available in line with our standard booking policy.
- Lane swimming sessions will continue with increased capacities – members and public will be able to swim on a first come first served basis.
- All our cafes and catering services will all reopen – with hours increasing over the summer.
- Return of children’s parties and large-scale events
As you move around the centre(s) you’ll also notice some changes:
- One-way systems removed
- Majority of facility spaces returning to their primary use.
- Full concurrent use of all activities in our studios, sports halls, pools, rooms and all facilities.
- Viewing and spectator areas returning to full use.
- Some fitness classes will remain in larger halls/settings at certain venues to accommodate increased demand.
However we will continue to remain vigilant and carefully manage the changes to use of facilities to ensure you continue to have a great experience by:
- Continuing enhanced sanitation across the facilities, including ongoing requirements for customers to clean down equipment in gym and studio areas after use.
- Safely and steadily increasing capacities over the summer weeks to ensure the safety and confidence of all users.
- Increasing staffing levels as needed to support with any increase demand and to remain supportive and responsive to all visitors.
- Keeping staggered start times for our learn to swim scheme to help minimise the numbers of people in changing areas at any time.
- Maintaining a range of PPE (e.g. sneeze screens on reception) in place with optional use of face coverings for staff and customers encouraged.
We continue to offer our Everybody @ Home service with a wide range of live daily sessions offered, along with outdoor fitness classes in many settings. Due to the demand and to ensure a safe & comfortable experience over the summer, the outdoor pool at Nantwich will remain bookable online over the summer for both lane swimming and family swims.
The timing of the above measures at the beginning of the school holidays will see us adapt also for summer demand & programming. We will endeavour to have full opening hours and traditional services effective from early September and will keep all customers up to date with progress & further changes at their local facilities.
We will stay up to date with the national and local situation and adapt as needed to continue to ensure the safety and comfort all our customers and staff. Should anyone have any feedback or concerns then please speak directly to a member of staff at site or by contacting the central team on [email protected].
We look forward to welcoming even more people back to continue and progress on their health, fitness and/or sporting journey with us.
Here’s to a safe and active summer!
Everybody Sport and Recreation