I am married with 4 sons (2 adults, 1 teenager and 1 under 10) and a borough councillor in the Broken Cross and Upton ward of Cheshire East. I am actively involved in the local community as a Street Angel and as a Scout Leader in Macclesfield as well as serving as a school governor at 2 local schools.
Why do I want to be involved?
I saw the opportunity as one to improve the sport and recreation facilities within Cheshire East and to develop the offer in order to reach as many local residents as possible and encourage them to enjoy sport and recreation. I bring private sector management experience to the board and an understanding of Local Government (from my time as a Councillor).
At a Glance
- Favourite Sport – Football (Liverpool FC with Macclesfield Town a close second)
- Last Book Read – Simon Scarrow, The Sword and Scimitar
- Favourite TV Programme? – Top Gear
- First Job – Paperboy
- Favourite Quote – “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does”, William James
- What’s the hardest thing you have ever done? – Parachute jump – had a fear of heights so met it (and broke my leg whilst doing the jump).
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? – Thomas S Monson
- Ideal dinner party: Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan and Nelson. Would be interested on why they did what they did as 3 of the greatest military tacticians.