There are many reasons why people choose to become volunteers, here are just a few examples of why we have managed to achieve 28,099 volunteer hours in since 2014!
- Volunteers are the backbone of community sport, without you our sporting programmes cannot function, we have a number of volunteer opportunities with local sports clubs, sporting events and community outreach
- It’s fun! Whether you are looking to get out of the house, meet new people or would like to help others, volunteering provides you with everything you need to gain the feel good factor.
- Looking for a new career? Our Volunteer Programme may provide you with the platform for your perfect role within the sport and leisure industry. Even if sport isn’t your chosen career path, the skills and knowledge you will learn to work with people and as part of a team will help your develop as a person and give you the experience you need for your CV!
We have volunteer opportunities for a range of ages and abilities and accept applications from ages 14+. For more information on our programme or to request to meet with any member of the team please fill in our online enquiry form or contact us at: email@example.com
Organisations looking for a volunteer
Are you an organisation that is in need of volunteers to help run your programmes or service? Fill out our online application form to advertise your opportunities
We have opportunities for volunteers to take part in Street Sports, Holiday Programmes and Events, Office Administration & Programme Management, Disability & Inclusion, Nordic Walking & Orienteering, Leisure Facilities (health training, instructor , lifeguard and reception roles) as well as this, we are able to offer external volunteer opportunities through our local and regional partners.
Visit our Jobs and Opportunities website for a full list of volunteer vacancies
If you want to be a part of our volunteer team please complete our online application form
Help us to reach our goal of 40,000 volunteer hours by 2020! Since the launch of the Everybody Trust we have managed to clock up a fantastic 28,099 volunteer hours (April 2018) in Cheshire East, meaning we have been able to provide over 100 volunteers with opportunities in their community to help them give something back, learn new skills, teach and train others, build up their experience for their CV and more!
It is now your turn to help us to reach our goal whilst also gaining valuable knowledge and experience for yourself. If you are up for the challenge then make sure you fill in our I Want to Volunteer enquiry form.
“Through volunteering I have been able to improve my confidence massively and I am able to do things I wasn’t able to do before.”
“Volunteering for Everybody has helped me to get back into work.”
“I feel most relaxed when I’m volunteering.”
Download our Volunteer Programme Infographic 2017-18 to see more!
New Sport&Social Session for the Over 50’s Launches in Poynton
Tom secures dream job after volunteering with Everybody
Everybody Volunteer Dan Bramhall
Everybody Celebrates Over 20 years of Volunteer Support from Mark Davies
Everybody Achieves Milestone of 20,000 voluntary hours
Sam Inspired By Volunteering with Everybody
VOLUNTEER TIM BROADHURST REACHES 150 VOLUNTEER HOURS AT ACTIVE8 SESSIONS
Volunteer Dan is selected for the Rio Olympics 2016
Everybody Volunteer Programme
The Volunteer Programme is the perfect place for you to make a difference in your community.
Based in the heart of the community, Everybody Sport and Recreation works with many partners to provide volunteer opportunities for local people.
To inspire those living or working in Cheshire East to achieve over 40,000 hours of volunteering by 2020 within health, sports or Leisure.
- To provide every volunteer with a safe, suitable and rewarding experience on the Everybody Volunteer Programme.
- To reduce barriers and increase the number of people, of all ages, volunteering in sport, health & leisure.
- To help volunteers develop through quality experiences, training opportunities, and mentoring support.
How we Support Volunteers
We look to induct all new volunteers when they join our programme. Volunteers form an integral part of our team and to ensure we find suitable volunteer roles, every volunteer will complete our screening process which includes:
- Volunteer Application Form.
- Introductory Meeting.
- Reference Checks.
- DBS Check (if the volunteer opportunity involved working with children or vulnerable adults)
All volunteers over 16 who have regular contact with young people or vulnerable adults must complete a DBS Check. There will be no cost to the volunteer.
Support is the most important element of our Volunteer Programme as we want to ensure that every volunteer that is enrolled on the programme, has an enjoyable experience, and feels valued.
- A designated volunteer co-originator for regular, informal contact.
- Review meetings
- Volunteer socials & events
We want to ensure that every volunteer is a great role model for the programme and wants to share their great experience with friends, family & in the community.
It is important to recognise the value volunteers have to our business and to reward them where possible for the time and dedication that they give freely. Below is a list of the current ways we as a Trust reward our volunteers:
- Certificate on Volunteer reaching hour milestones of 10, 50, 100, 150, 250 & 500 hours
- Nominations to National and Local Awards
- Case studies and good news stories published to recognise the work of volunteers.
We measure all volunteer hours and keep a track so all volunteers will be able to find out how many hours they have completed with us at any time!